Mini Flower Months 2018 is a small wall calendar with details taken from some of the botanical prints featured in Herbier Général de l'Amateur.
Find here below the selection of flowers in Mini Flower Months 2018:
- Cover: Linum tryginum
- January: Blakea trinervia
- February: Moroea fimbriata
- March: Tulipa sylvestris
- April: Malva umbellata
- May: Telopea speciosissima
- June: Helleborus hyemalis
- July: Phlomis leonurus
- August: Ranunculus asiaticus
- September: Anemone coronaria
- October: Campanula grandiflora
- November: Amaryllis speciosa
- December: Passiflora caerulea
- Back cover: Camellia japonica.
The history of botany, with the popularisation of its most rare and precious aspects, has always been part of Aboca’s vision. Comprising 8 volumes, the Herbier Général de l'Amateur was printed in Paris between 1816 and 1824. The watercolours from which the engravings were derived, manually coloured at the time of publishing, are due to the famous botanical painter Pancrace Bessa, who worked at the request of Charles X of France.