A collection of eight postcards with images taken from The Botanist (1839) by Benjamin Maund (1790-1863).
Eight postcards that reproduce 8 botanic subjects created using the chromolithography technique, linked together in a series.
The following are represented in the postcards:
- Thunberg’s Lily (Lilium Thunbergianum)
- Feather-stipuled Tacsonia (Tacsonia pinnatistipula)
- Yellow Nelumbium (Nelumbium luteum)
- Hawtayne’s Meyenia (Meyenia Hawtayneana)
- Crimson-flowered Euphorbia (Euphorbia punicea)
- Climbing Lophospermum (Lophospermum scandens)
- Shewy Lily (Lilium speciosum)
- Showy brick-red cactus (Cactus speciosus).
The series includes a strip of eight postcards.